This isn't meant to be an all-inclusive list. My friend tagged me to list 14 things I love, in honor of Valentine's Day on the 14th, so I thought I would mention a few quirky ones.1. My warm, fuzzy robe and a cup of hot cocoa. I only discovered the joy of my robe this winter because it has been SO stinkin' cold! Now I wonder how I ever lived without it. Who knows? I might even wear in August, just for kicks.
2. Cilantro. I know, mom, you're cringing, but I can't get over the fact that it goes well in pretty much any ethnic dish! If you like it, that is.
3. Mirrors. Must be the vanity in me, but when there's a mirror around (or even a reflective glass window) I just can't help myself! Even on my mission I might have sneaked a few peeks of my reflection in the store windows as I rode my bike through the streets of Taiwan. But only a few.
4. Back scratches. Thankfully, Tim is very generous in providing this absolute necessity in my life.
5. Baby's breath. No, not the flower, the real thing. I love how sweet their breath is until they reach the age of, oh, about 2 years.
6. A tidy house. I know, no surprises there.
7. Politics. It just gets my blood flowing, you know? You're all just lucky I don't broadcast my opinions every time I sit down to post something.
8. Flowers. I'm not really particular about which kind, although I seem to plant tulips, roses, and lilies with a vengeance. Whether I'm planting, pruning, cutting, or arranging them in a vase on my kitchen table, I thrive on the color and fragrance they infuse in my otherwise undecorated home.
9. Sleep. Alas, a rare commodity these days...
10. Eating out. I consider myself a pretty adventurous cook, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the joy of not having to whip up something delicious for my entire family. I also love the atmosphere, the service, and the conversation over a table of delectable food.
11. Hearing my kids laugh. It's absolutely contagious.
12. A really inspiring, uplifting performance. You know, the kind that you can't help but give a standing ovation for because you've been wanting to jump out of your seat since the first act.
13. Reading an old journal or watching home videos. It just reminds me how rich my life is.
14. Melting snow... especially right about now.
7 comments:
Lovely list. So you really love mirrors? Huh. Have to say that is pretty rare among the female gender. Something I never knew about you!
I really hope you take pictures of your hundreds of tulips this year! I can't wait.
That's a great list, Susie. I can relate to everything except cilantro (yuck), mirrors (though they may not be so traumatic in a few months when I meet my weight and body fat goals) and melting snow (no big driveway here).
Thanks for humoring me Sus... Loved your list. I say ditto to most of your list. (Minus the mirror and cilantro.) It was fun to hear about some of the "loves of your life."
What a great list. Made me think about my list... Maybe I'll add one to my blog too. Thanks for making me think, as usual!
This was a fun tag! I enjoyed all the little things you love and wish I could be there to see your tulips. Maybe next year ...
I meant maybe next year I could plant some, but being around to see yours would be fun too. ;) My meaning needed clarification. Whoops.
Post a Comment